History 101: Seminar on Researching Your Home’s History Set for Saturday, September 15 at 10:00 a.m.by Lee Ruiz (President)
The Winnetka Heights Neighborhood Association’s education series continues with History 101: A guide for researching the history of your home. The class will be held on Saturday, September 15 at 10:00 a.m. the Kessler Theater.
Join usand learn how to use the Dallas Public Library and other helpful resources to research the history of your house and the people who called it home. Brian Collins from Texas/Dallas History and Archives Division of the Dallas Public Libary will be there to answer questions and lend advice.
Here are some of the other topics that will be covered:
* What year was your house built?
* Who built it?
* What did the original floor plan look like?
* When were any additions built?
* Are there any old photos of your home?
* How many owners have there been and who are they?
* Did the previous owners contribute to the history of Winnetka Heights or Dallas?